Kubba Jereesh is one of the many varieties of Middle Eastern dumplings. Kubba Jereesh is considered to be a healthy dish, as well as being very versatile because it can be baked, fried and stewed in any soup. The variety of cooking methods makes this kubba extremely adaptable, unique and favored.
Dough: Jereesh (Cracked Wheat), Bulgur (Wheat), Water, Salt
Filling: Ground Beef, Onion, Spices, Salt
(Do Not Defrost the Kubba before Cooking)
Option 1: Boiling Instructions – bring a large pot of water and some salt to a boil, add Kubba Jereesh to the pot and allow it to cook for 10-15 minutes, remove Kubba Jereesh and serve
Option 2: Tapsi Instructions – (Defrost the sauce only)
– Slice eggplants, onions, and green peppers.
– Deep fry the sliced eggplants
– Sauté onions and green peppers
– Deep fry Kubba Jereesh until it becomes golden brown
– Pre-heat oven to 175°C (350°F)
– In a baking dish, layer half of the sliced eggplants on the bottom, followed by Kubba Jareesh, and then the sautéed onions and green peppers. Finish off by layering the rest of the eggplants and lastly, some sliced fresh tomatoes.
– Add the sauce to the baking dish and place in the oven for 40-50 minutes